Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another card for Dad

Sorry I haven't been blogging just lately, my camera battery decided to die and am waiting for another from ebay. Meanwhile I have also had lots of other stuff going on. My daughter let me use her camera to upload a pic of another card I made for my Dad. He has just had his operation, and I must admit, when I walked into ICU yesterday and saw the huge cut on his chest and the tubes and machines, I cried. But very quickly and bravely dried them for Dad's sake. It just looked so awful.


















Anyways, this card has a lovely sentiment that unfortunately is not a Stampin' Up! stamp, but one I have had for a long time and I feel would encourage Dad to hang on to God as his means of Strength. Isaiah 40V29-31

When this scripture talks about giving strength to the weary, I felt this image did exactly that, it took a dull looking image (which looks weary) and puts a spotlight on it, giving life, colour and strength. Much like God does when we call on him.



















This spotlight technique can be found on Splitcoast Stampers and is a really simple technique anyone can try just using your Stampin' Up! stamp pads and an aqua brush.

I have used the "In colours" for this card, and the "Oh So Lovely" Level 1, Hostess Rewards stamp set, but if there is anything else you are not sure how I did, just email me, no question is silly, thats how we learn.

Blessings,
Tracy xx

No comments: